It is not unusual for correctional officers to work 16 hour shifts. Working this many hours makes meal prepping especially difficult. Preparing nutritious foods ahead of time and having healthier options available in your lunch bag, will help avoid ordering out or relying on sugary vending machine snacks.
Use the tips below to help you pack healthier meal options.
- Decide What Works For You. Identify the types of meals you would like cook & make a shopping list. Good planning will help you stay on track and create healthier eating habits. Remember, meal prepping is not a one size fits all.
- Dust Off Your Slow Cooker! It does the cooking for you and makes it easy to cook large batches.
- Snacks. Variety will help you stay on track. You may want to pack a few extra options just in case.
- Have Fun and Reward Yourself. Meal prepping doesn’t have to be boring. Pack something that will make you look forward to lunch time. Get creative and pack meals you enjoy.
- Pick Up A Clear Lunch Bag. Most correctional facilities have a clear bag policy. Clear Handbags & More® offers a clear lunch bag in three different sizes.
CLEAR LUNCH BAGS
Clear Lunch Bags Large, Medium or EXTRA Large
Lunch Boxes with Front zipper pouch & adjustable shoulder strap. These bags are easy to clean, BPA Free and Lead Free.
Strong Quality Construction. Made of durable materials, sturdy thick vinyl.
Available in three different sizes.
Why meal prep?
- Saves Money– because you are not ordering out or wasting food.
- Saves Time– prepping ahead of time means less time spent cooking during the week.
- Helps You Eat Healthier– When something is convenient, we tend to make better choices.
Take willpower out of the equation & start packing your lunch bag with healthier options!