EASY MEALS IN UNDER 30 MINUTES!
Cooking ahead of time should not only save you money but also help you make healthier food choices.
Impress your coworkers with these simple homemade meals for your lunch bag.
YOGURT PARFAIT RECIPE
Creamy greek yogurt layered with you favorite fruit and topped with crunchy granola.
Yogurt Parfaits are an easy grab & go snack!
- Add one tablespoon of honey to the bottom of an empty glass jar.
- Add 3-4 tablespoons of greek yogurt.
- Add a layer of fruit (use any fruit you like, such as raspberries or strawberries).
- Add 1 tablespoon of yogurt on top.
- Top with some crunchy granola, nuts or drizzle with some sugar-free jelly.
Have a fun layer combinations of your own?
Make sure to leave us a comment below!
EASY HUMMUS RECIPE
- 1 (15 oz) can of garbanzo beans.
- 1 Tablespoons of fresh lemon juice.
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil.
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin.
- 1/2 cup tahini.
- Fresh garlic (2 cloves of crushed garlic).
- Salt to taste.
- Rinse & drain your canned chickpeas & boil for 20 minutes.
- Add tahini and lemon juice to food processor or blender.
- Once blended, add remaining ingredients.
- For a fluffier hummus, add 2 tablespoons of cold water and puree for 5 minutes.
- Taste and season.
Toppings! Because we love to make things look good. You can decorate by sprinkling some paprika and drizzling a teaspoon of olive oil on top.
CREAMY TOMATO SOUP RECIPE
- 3-5 fresh basil leaves (chopped).
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- 1 teaspoon of oregano.
- 1 yellow onion chopped.
- 5 minced garlic cloves.
- 2 cans of peeled whole tomatoes (chopped).
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste.
- 1 tablespoons sugar.
- 1 cup vegetable broth (or chicken broth).
- 1 cup heavy cream.
- 1 celery branch diced.
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Sauté the garlic, onions & celery until golden.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Lastly, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with some fresh basil & toasted bread.
You may also like Healthy Correctional Officer Lunchbox Meal Tips
Take willpower out of the equation & start packing your lunch bag with healthier options!