EASY MEALS IN UNDER 30 MINUTES!
BECAUSE EVERYTHING TASTES BETTER WITH BACON! Impress your guests with these simple homemade dishes or pack your lunch bag and take on-the-go to impress your coworkers.
Bacon & Cheese Pinwheels
Stuffed with cheese and delicious bacon mmm...delicious!
8-9 bacon strips fried & crumbled
1 egg beaten
Package of Puff Pastry Sheets (Found in the freezer section of your local grocery store)
1/4 cup of chopped green onions
1 finely chopped tomato
Package of shredded mozzarella or your favorite cheese
- First off, make sure you thaw out the puff pastry by leaving it on the counter for about 35 minutes.
- Fry the bacon until crispy and let is cool on a paper towel.
- Roll out the puff pastry.
- Sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese, tomato, chopped green onions and bacon.
- Roll into a log.
- Cover the log in plastic wrap and freeze for 15 minutes or until firm.
- Slice into 1/2” pin wheels & place flat size up on a baking sheet. Make sure to pinch the ends of each pinwheel & brush a little egg on to the edge of the pastry, to ensure they don’t unravel while baking. (Note: You can brush the remaining egg onto the top of the pin wheels).
- Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Creamy Fettuccine Alfredo With Bacon & Peas
- 5 slices of chopped bacon
- 1 can of green peas
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ chopped yellow onion
- 1 diced tomato
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 jar of alfredo sauce
- 1 lb of cooked fettuccine pasta
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
FLUFFY PANCAKES WITH BACON AND MAPLE SYRUP
- 1 cup of flour
- Handful of blueberries
- 1 TB baking powder
- 2 TB of sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 2 TB unsalted butter melted
- 1 egg
- 10 slices bacon
Cook bacon until crispy & place on a paper towel.
- Set aside about 2 tablespoons of oil left over from cooking the bacon.
- Whisk all remaining dry ingredients together.
- Next, in a separate bowl, mix together wet ingredients. (See tip below for fluffier pancakes).
- Combine both mixtures.
- Ration the left over oil from the bacon to cook each pancake.
- Add 1/4 cup at a time onto the hot skillet. Cook each pancake until golden brown and flip to cook both sides. Repeat the same steps with the remaining batter.
- Top with the crispy bacon and maple syrup & garnish with some blueberries.
Want to know the Secret To Fluffy Pancakes?
IT’S ALL ABOUT THAT YOLK! It causes trouble...If you want fluffier pancakes make sure to separate the egg yolk from the egg whites prior to adding them to the mixture. Add the egg YOLK to the mixture and in a separate bowl, beat the egg WHITES until you get a white frothy consistency. You must keep the egg yolk separate in order for the egg whites to froth properly.
The last step is to fold the egg WHITES into the batter. Do not over mix!
Have an awesome bacon recipe of your own?
Make sure to leave us a comment below!
You may also like Healthy Correctional Officer Lunchbox Meal Tips
Take willpower out of the equation & start packing your lunch bag with home cooked options!